Are you a freelancer? If yes, you would bear me witness that there are times when you felt like giving up and wouldn’t have been here still if you did. So, we’ve got some kudos for you!
As a freelance writer, there are some writing quotes that will keep your head high during those odd times wherein you feel like quitting and that speak to you as a freelance writer.
The life of a freelance writer can be hard at most times.
Whenever those times set in, wherewith you feel stressed, anxious, or worried, do well to take a glance at these freelance writing quotes. You could get them printed out and kept at a place where you can easily access them.
With them, you are sure of keeping your motivation, inspiration, and empowerment intact!
Writers Gig brings to you words of wisdom/ inspirational quotes in these 25 Inspiring Freelance Writing Quotes:
- “Writing is an exploration. You start from nothing and learn as you go.” — E.L. Doctorow
2. “The best way to become a successful writer is to read good writing, remember it, and then forget where you remember it from.” — Gene Fowler
3. “Get it down. Take chances. It may be bad, but it’s the only way you can do anything really good.” — William Faulkner
4. “Your writing voice is the deepest possible reflection of who you are. The job of your voice is not to seduce or flatter or make well-shaped sentences. In your voice, your readers should be able to hear the contents of your mind, your heart, your soul.” — Meg Rosoff
5. “Keep a small can of WD-40 on your desk — away from any open flames — to remind yourself that if you don’t write daily, you will get rusty.” — George Singleton
6. “The secret of good writing is to say an old thing in a new way or to say a new thing in an old way.” — Richard Harding Davis
7. “And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.” –Sylvia Plath
8. “Who wants to become a writer? And why? Because it’s the answer to everything. … It’s the streaming reason for living.” –Enid Bagnold
9. “The difference between the almost right word and the right word is…the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.” — Mark Twain
10. “The role of a writer is not to say what we can all say, but what we are unable to say.” — Anais Nin
11. “I do not over-intellectualize the production process. I try to keep it simple: Tell the damned story.” — Tom Clancy
12. “This is how you do it: you sit down at the keyboard and you put one word after another until it’s done. It’s that easy and that hard.” — Neil Gaiman
13. “Being a writer is a very peculiar sort of a job: it’s always you versus a blank sheet of paper (or a blank screen) and quite often the blank piece of paper wins.” — Neil Gaiman
14. “Long patience and application saturated with your heart’s blood — you will either write or you will not — and the only way to find out whether you will or not is to try.” — Jim Tully
15. “Genius gives birth, talent delivers. What Rembrandt or Van Gogh saw in the night can never be seen again. Born writers of the future are amazed already at what they’re seeing now, what we’ll all see in time for the first time, and then see imitated many times by made writers.” — Jack Kerouac
16. “A professional writer is an amateur who didn’t quit.” — Richard Bach
17. “Don’t bend; refuse to water it down; don’t try to make it logical; don’t edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.” –Franz Kafka
18. “Write while the heat is in you. The writer who postpones the recording of his thoughts uses an iron which has cooled to burn a hole with.” — Henry David Thoreau
19. “Anybody who is in freelance work, especially artistically, knows that it comes with all the insecurity and the ups and downs. It’s a really frightening life.” — Alessandro Nivola
20. “I’m a freelance writer, and I work alone at a big desk in the living room of my apartment. There are many days when I don’t utter a single word to anyone but my husband.” — Robin Marantz Henig
21. “I have certain rules that I’ve established for myself that took a while post-day job to figure out. Everyone says people who freelance or are writers struggle with the structure of it. I’m not allowed to check email before a certain hour. I’m not allowed to run errands during the day. I have to write a certain amount every day.” — Sloane Crosley
22. “It was daunting, giving up a regular job for a freelance world, where every day off is a day of unemployment and you are conscious you are not earning. But it was time to take a gamble and see what’s on the other side.” — Konnie Huq
23. “The life of the professional writer — like that of any freelancer, whether she be a plumber or a podiatrist — is predicated on willpower. Without it there simply wouldn’t be any remuneration, period.” — Will Self
24. “I’ve never had a terrible job. I’ve been a cook, waitress, bookseller, teacher, freelance writer. I know what the bad jobs are, and I haven’t done them.” — Ann Patchett
25. Who wants to become a writer? And why? Because it’s the answer to everything. It’s the streaming reason for living.” — Enid Bagnold
These Inspiring Freelance Writing Quotes are handpicked and are very capable of keeping your head up as a freelance writer, during those odd times when you feel like quitting.
You would be doing yourself real good by visiting these quotes often and on as they are the healing balm that every freelancer would want to have.
They promise to keep giving the inspiration needed to keep pushing a freelancer. Writers Gig wishes you the very best in your freelancing journey.
- Types Of Freelance Writing | Descriptions And Jobs
- Free Copywriting Courses For Freelancers In 2021
- Best Copywriting Software And Tools For Freelancers